From previous investigations I had discovered that the best tools were my trusty hammer and chisel so I got started on a rather frosty Saturday morning (see the picture of the window right! >) while Ryan was at work and managed to get pretty much the whole ceiling layer of ply down, then got back to it again on Sunday with my aching arms and finished the walls too.
|Me & my trusty hammer!|
|Peeling back the layers|
After two days of wielding that heavy hammer I feel like I should have one arm like Popeye, arhg,hrh,hrrr!
As with anything we do, it took much longer than expected as there was a lot more damage than we had previously thought hidden away (see pics below), but all we can do is keep going and at least we'll know it's been done right so will last as long time.
|Another composted batten!|
|The extent of the damp issue around the window.|
|Ryan staring on the roof beam|
Ryan's done a fantastic job and kept me going when I started stressing, (like I always do when things take longer than I want them to!) so thanks Ryan, I love you! xx