Monday 12 March 2012

Walls!

I'm sick of chiselling, I'm sick of hammering, and now I'm very much sick of sawing too but the walls are looking lovely at last! The plywood has been cut to shape and put in place...

The section for the overcab sleeping area was the toughest to fit due to it's awkward shape and the fact that I can barely reach the corner even when stood on the passenger seat! Thankfully my calculations lined up ok to cut it all out correctly, though I must have remeasured 5 times because the section of wood looked far too small to be our actual sleeping area! I think that's something we'll just have to get used to, I'd still rather risk hitting my head the odd time than re-make our bed every single day in the living area.

I cut out the ply around the door and living room window whilst Ryan was at work and we got it actually fitted up together as that involved taking the windows out again to seal them better. Ryan also replaced the electric hook up socket & added an outdoor plug socket so we don't have to trail an extension lead through a door or window if we need power in the awning.

As the largest areas of plywood were the reclaimed board they do need a good deal of sanding down before we can wallpaper them, but I'm just glad to finally see a solid wall in place for now! As they say, simple things please simple minds... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment